ONT is an institution belonging to the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equity, in charge to develop the competencies related with provision and clinical utilization of organs and tissues. To carry out these tasks, it functions as a technical operative unit that fulfills its mission of coordinating the activities of donation, recovery, preservation, distribution, exchange, and transplantation of organs and tissues throughout the whole Spanish Health Care System.
Core activities of the Organization:
- Promotion and organization of all donation and transplantation activities;
- Extra-hospital coordination of all multiorgan recovery procedures;
- Elaboration of regulations and reports;
- Promotion of Agreements and Consensus Reports; Provision of information on donation and transplantation activities and health related topics; Information to the general public;
- Promotion and development of training courses; International Cooperation.